November 3rd, 2009 | brainjuice
- Indian engineer ‘builds’ new glaciers to stop global warming – Telegraph
"Chewang Norphel, 76, has "built" 12 new glaciers already and is racing to create five more before he dies. By then he hopes he will have trained enough new "icemen" to continue his work and save the world's "third icecap" from being transformed into rivers."
- ‘Demon worshipper’ kills four | The Australian
"the killer was said to be a demon worshipper who believed in a black Jesus and worshipped on mountaintops before dawn"
(tags:crime weird culture )
- Space hotel says it’s on schedule to open in 2012 – Space- msnbc.com
"A company behind plans to open the first hotel in space says it is on target to accept its first paying guests in 2012"
(tags:space idiots )
- Technology Review: Implantable Silicon-Silk Electronics
"By building thin, flexible silicon electronics on silk substrates, researchers have made electronics that almost completely dissolve inside the body."
(tags:sci tech bodymod )
- Car maker develops its own flower species – www.drive.com.au
"Toyota has created two flower species that absorb nitrogen oxides and take heat out of the atmosphere."
(tags:sci eco biotech )