- Astronomers conduct first remote reconnaissance of another solar system
"The results are "quite strange," Oppenheimer said. "These warm, red planets are unlike any other known object in our universe. All four planets have different spectra, and all four are peculiar. The theorists have a lot of work to do now.""
- Team discovers adaptations to explain strategies for survival on Mars
"Research from the University of Maryland School of Medicine has revealed key features in proteins needed for life to function on Mars and other extreme environments."
- Astrobiologists Find Ancient Fossils in Fireball Fragments | MIT Technology Review
"They say the stones contain fossilised biological structures fused into the rock matrix and that their tests clearly rule out the possibility of terrestrial contamination. "
- Saint Death becoming more popular in the US
"It is believed that 5 percent of the Mexican population worships the saint, whose other names include Holy Death, The White Girl, The Miracle Worker, and The Skinny Girl."
- Support Cells Found in Human Brain Make Mice Smarter – News Room – University of Rochester Medical Center
"In humans, individual astrocytes project scores of fibers that can simultaneously connect with large numbers of neurons, and in particular their synapses, the points of communication where two adjoining neurons meet. "
- Franken-Teeth | Ultraphyte
"So how do they know the teeth are “human”?"
Bookmarks for 2013-03-11
Published in brainjuice