February 18th, 2013 | brainjuice
- Hannah Donovan – Notes from New Adventures
"IDEAS WANT TO BE UGLY! This one goes in all caps because it was one of the most important lessons I learned that day. So many times I’ve apologised to my peers for the scratchy, ugly looking sketches I did in that rushed moment while I tried capture a fleeting idea. Never again will I do that! Of course it’s ugly, it’s an idea."
- The Human Division gets serialized and serious about experimentation | Ars Technica
"“Today, publishing is where film was in the 60s and 70s," Scalzi said."
- BBC News – Lab rats ‘acquire sixth sense’
"An experimental device allowed the rats to "touch" infrared light – which is normally invisible to them."
(tags:sci tech bodymod )
- Iran Leader: Having Nukes is ‘Crime Against Humanity’ – US Sanctions Actually Target Fuel Enrichment
"Long-time readers know that I think Iran wants nuclear latency or ‘the Japan option,’ i.e. they don’t want to make or stockpile nuclear warheads, but do want the deterrence of invaders that comes with the known ability to put one together in short order"
(tags:pol war )
- Christian woman in Egypt Shoe-whacks Salafi Fundamentalist for Calling her a Harlot (Photo)
- New Chapters
" "5 Unexpected Factors That Change How We Forecast The Future," is my first essay for Co.EXIST, a FastCompany spinoff focusing on "world changing ideas and innovation""
- Water on the moon: It’s been there all along
""Because these are some of the oldest rocks from the moon, the water is inferred to have been in the moon when it formed," Zhang said."