I am writing this list in order to shame myself into doing better.
I have obtained a pile (for values of “pile,” as most are electronic) of books over the last several months that for many and various (bad) reasons I haven’t yet read. I need to fix this. Not least because I need to add some more into the stream (ooh, “stream,” much better than “pile”) right now and doing that without processing what’s already in the stream is very bad and you get the idea.
In no order, and probably not complete:
* Jeff Noon’s CHANNEL SK1N
* TRIBAL PEOPLES FOR TOMORROW’S WORLD by Stephen Corry.
* ANGELMAKER, Nick Harkaway.
* HOW TO TEACH QUANTUM PHYSICS TO YOUR DOG, Chad Orzel
* BACKROOM BOYS, Francis Spufford
* DEAD WATER, Simon Ings
* HIGH LIFE, Matthew Stokoe (I think Frankie Boyle recommended me this)
* RATNER’S STAR, Don Delillo
* MURDER AS A FINE ART, David Morrell
* THE FORBIDDEN BOOK, Guido Mina di Sospiro & Joscelyn Godwin
* THE RELIGION OF THE SAMURAI, Kaiten Nukariya
* TOPLOADER, Ed O’Loughlin
* THE GIFT OF STONES, Jim Crace
* EMBASSYTOWN, China Mieville
This is basically appalling, and I need to do better.
Also why the fuck cannot I buy ebooks of Samuel Beckett’s oeuvre? Seriously.
(He said, having just listed all the books he’s failed to read in the last four months.)
I nearly used a collaborative app, like Well, to list these, but I was suddenly horrified at the thought of people being able to add to the list.
My public email address is firstname.lastname@example.org, and I’m @warrenellis .