July 10th, 2012 | brainjuice
I was trying to work out something for myself. Amount of pages done in creator-owned comics work. This’ll be easier if I get it out in front of me. All numbers very approximate. Just looking for a rough count:
* TRANSMETROPOLITAN, 1300.
* FREAKANGELS, 850.
* GLOBAL FREQUENCY, 250
* the “superhero comics trilogy” at Avatar, 400
* the 5 three-issues miniseries at DC Wildstorm, 300
* SCARS and OCEAN, 300
* CRECY, AETHERIC MECHANICS, FRANKENSTEIN’S WOMB, 150
* ORBITER and MINISTRY OF SPACE, 200
* LAZARUS CHURCHYARD, 150
* IGNITION CITY, ANNA MERCURY, CITY OF SILENCE, 300
* FELL and DESOLATION JONES, 250
* all the GRAVEL stories… 400 pages?
I’m pretty sure I’m missing a bunch of stuff. ATMOSPHERICS was around 32pp? I don’t remember how long DARK BLUE was. Pretty sure I’m over 5000 pages.
(CEREBUS was 6000 pages long. But I didn’t have to draw them all.)