September 22nd, 2011 | brainjuice
- Computer simulation shows Solar System once had an extra planet
"A new study published on arXiv.org shows that, based on computer simulations, Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus and Neptune may not have been the only gas giants in our solar system. According to David Nesvorny from Colorado’s Southwest Research Institute, our current solar system could never have happened without the existence of a fifth planet."
- Scientists Use Google Earth to Understand Mysterious Giant Wheels
"Thousands of geoglyph "wheels," almost completely unknown to the public, are now part of public knowledge thanks to advances in technology, both photographic and social. These wheels are scattered across the deserts of Jordan and adjacent countries."
(tags:geo history cult )
- BBC News – Speed-of-light experiments yield baffling result at LHC
"Puzzling results from Cern, home of the LHC, have confounded physicists – because it appears subatomic particles have exceeded the speed of light."
(tags:sci probably+not+but+still )
- shopwork » tumblelog » space is massive
space is massive, from shopwork http://www.shopwork.net/
(tags:ifttt googlereader shopwork )
- russell davies: talking on the radio / the internet with things
"It reminds me of a thing I saw in a coffee shop a while ago. A little plastic thing, a bit like an ice-cream spoon. I couldn't work out what it might be for. And then I realised that it's to go into the hole in the coffee cup lids to stop the coffee spilling out. That feels a bit like the technological moment we're in with the social web. Were fiddling around at the edges of mostly solved problems."
(tags:web comms unsure+about+this+but+interesting )
- BBC News – Murder victim Maire Rankin ‘beaten with crucifix’
"Prof Jack Crane said Mrs Rankin had bruising on her chin consistent with the crown of thorns on Jesus' head."
(tags:crime cult )
- supernatural jewels for surrealist darlings by BloodMilk on Etsy