September 17th, 2011 | brainjuice
- It’s Nice That : Peckham Outer-Space Initiative
"Ships Not Shelters (SNS) is the battle cry of this campaign, a cry for a progressive view of the world which is represented by the ship, a tool for the prospect and fascination of the uncharted. The shelter sits in sheer contrast to this, it is where we hide away, scared to venture out into the unknown."
- BBC News – S Korea holds North defector ‘in poison-needle plot’
"South Korean officials have arrested a North Korean defector on suspicion of plotting to kill high-profile activist Park Sang-hak, reports from Seoul say."
(tags:crime pol war )
- Mounds and Circles: Graham Collier
- My speech to the IAAC | Ben Hammersley’s Dangerous Precedent
"I’m simply now expecting people to give me their data to improve my life. The freeing of public data over the past ten years has been driven by geeks, it’s true, but their arguments were merely foreshadowing a general shift in the mindset of the population at large…We expect everything. And we expect it on our own terms."
(tags:security net )
- Eyewitness: Somerset levels | World news | guardian.co.uk
- BBC News – Mozambique holds ‘pirate hunters’
- What We Still Don’t Know About the Kabul Attacks – By Andrew Exum | Foreign Policy
"One conclusion we can draw with relative confidence, though, is that the goal of this attack was more psychological than physical. The attack on the U.S. Embassy, it should be said, did not harm a single member of the hundreds of Americans who work there and wounded only four Afghans — none of who
(tags:ifttt facebook like )
- BBC News – German police seek help over mystery ‘forest boy’
Berlin police have appealed for information to help them establish the identity of a teenager who appeared in the city saying that he had been living in the woods for five years.