November 12th, 2010 | brainjuice
- Stockists : Article Magazine
Nice looking magazine, apparently distribbed for free. "Article is lovingly distributed by hand from a vintage Volkswagen Scirocco. One day it will stop working in the Pennines and we?ll probably die."
- The Insanity Virus – Mental Health – DISCOVER Magazine
"Schizophrenia has long been blamed on bad genes or even bad parents. Wrong, says a growing group of psychiatrists. The real culprit, they claim, is a virus that lives entwined in every person's DNA."
- Aaron Sorkin?s Four Big Problems With the WGA — Vulture
"….Phillips notes, "All I've gotten from the Writers Guild is gotten fucked"…"
(tags:video writing film work )
- A renaissance rooted in technology: the literary magazine returns
"Thanks to the internet, which has eased the burden of print and distribution costs, literary periodicals are flourishing anew"
- Katie West – Trying to explain. Simply
"I make people happy. I go out of my way to make people happy. If the reason I do this is to make myself happy, so what?"
- Evidence that we can see the future to be published – life – 11 November 2010 – New Scientist
"Extraordinary claims don't come much more extraordinary than this: events that haven't yet happened can influence our behaviour."
(tags:sci mad psych )
- The Mire : Lords of the new church
"…moving contemporary experimental music into a church setting is tantamount to an admittance of failure, a betrayal of its original revolutionary stance, an acknowledgment that the old order is still standing so we might as well give up and move right on in alongside it."
(tags:music rant )
- rejectamentalist manifesto: “Global Recession in Century 21″
Wonderful little piece from China Mieville: "The first major international organisation to fall victim to the global recession was WASP, the World Aquanaut Security Patrol. Funding cuts saw it broken up into smaller national units, many of which were immediately disbanded. Marineville, that icon of postwar internationalism and sixties design, was auctioned off to International Leisure, a division of Tracy International. It now combines a high-tech gated community with an exclusive resort…."
- ISVOLT Compilation Tracklisting and Preorder Link …
This witchhousey compilation looks rather lovely.
- DEXTR ? Twitter for your second screen – Blog – Really Interesting Group
"DEXTR is a full screen Twitter client. It shows one tweet at a time, filling the screen. And it accelerates and decelerates depending on how fast your Twitter stream is going."
- Near Future Laboratory : Blog Archive : Volume Issue on the Moon
"The issue is focussed on the Moon which is a wonderful topic. Included are a photo essay on a lost astronaut and an insert product catalog of fictional/speculative objects, magazines, gifts and other items that might be appreciated by people who live on the moon."
- Future Perfect : Territories Expanded
"The interesting thing here is not that you can pay for vending machine goods with your travel card; or that you can check the balance of that card against any similar vending machine (think displays everywhere), but rather than this SUICA/PASMO compatible card is no-where near a station. The technology extends its reach out of its traditional homeland of train stations.