- Modern Love | A record label – Demdike Stare mix
"A very special hour-long mix from Demdike Stare available to download here for the time being?" Demdike Stare's debut album last year was a lot of fun.
(tags:music mp3 mix )
- Icoeye: designer, who loves to make icons (pop-out(?) bookmarks)
"I wonder that it would be great if we can use dust jackets and bookmarks together to create a unique image of a paper book. This idea can help to expand book?s space"
(tags:book design )
- Cult murder-extortion brother attempts suicide
"…The man's brother had enlisted him and a roommate in a cult-like plot to train Brazilian orphans to slaughter the leaders of the Mormon Church so he could become its prophet and "transform America"…"
(tags:cult crime mad )
- ShakeItPhoto – Polaroid For Your iPhone!
shut up I miss polaroids BECAUSE I AM VERY OLD YES I GET IT
- iPhone Apps – Polarize | Apptism
yes okay so I got an almost-free iPhone 3GS shut up
- thebestcamera.com – iPhone App
- TrueHDR: A Nifty Photo App for the iPhone 3GS
- BBC News – Newsnight – Export ban for useless ‘bomb detector’
"The UK government has announced a ban on the export to Iraq and Afghanistan of some so-called "bomb detectors".
It follows an investigation by the BBC's Newsnight programme which found that one type of "detector" made by a British company cannot work. The Iraqi government has spent $85m on the ADE-65…" And it's basically a dowsing rod. The manual says it can detect both bombs and elephants. Really.
(tags:war crime )
- InfraNet Lab – Post Peak Phosphorous
"Phosphorus is at the heart of modern farming; an essential ingredient of agricultural fertilizers. It has no synthetic alternative and is being mined, used and wasted as never before."
- Berlusconi moves to impose Internet regulation
"Silvio Berlusconi is moving to extend his grip on Italy's media to the freewheeling Internet world of Google and YouTube." Hm. What do you think? Hit in the head too hard, or not hard enough?
(tags:internet pol )
- DESCENDO: Prints
prints by simon mallette-st-pierre
- Flaming Tusk: Old, Blackened Century
Poisonous metal noise. "You may download Flaming Tusk's full-length in many high-quality formats, and pay whatever you find meet. If you choose to pay nothing, Flaming Tusk will play a free show in your town, and then afterwards when you go up to tell them how great they were, they will fix you with the evil eye and your line will perish."
- Chavez says US ‘weapon’ caused Haiti quake
"Venezuelan leader Hugo Chavez Wednesday accused the United States of causing the destruction in Haiti by testing a 'tectonic weapon' to induce the catastrophic earthquake that hit the country last week. "
(tags:conspiracy nutters )