- Some Indonesian adulterers &squo;to be stoned&squo; | The Courier-Mail
""Unmarried people who commit adultery will be caned one hundred times and married persons will be stoned to death," Raihan Iskandar, a provincial lawmaker from the Islamic-based Prosperous Justice Party, said."
(tags:cult crime )
- A skull that rewrites the history of man – Science, News – The Independent
"The skulls, jawbones and fragments of limb bones suggest that our ancient human ancestors migrated out of Africa far earlier than previously thought and spent a long evolutionary interlude in Eurasia ? before moving back into Africa to complete the story of man."
- 4 women in lover’s gluing must stand trial | National News | Comcast.net
"A man whose penis was glued to his stomach testified Tuesday that a motel tryst with a girlfriend involving a bondage fantasy turned painful and humiliating after his wife, a second girlfriend and another woman burst into the room and harassed him because of his cheating ways."
- BBC NEWS | World | Middle East | Israel organs claim row deepens
"Issa Qaraqae said Israel was hiding the bodies of dead Palestinian prisoners to disguise evidence of organ trafficking."
(tags:crime war med )
- Mice Levitated in Lab | LiveScience
"Scientists have now levitated mice using magnetic fields. Other researchers have made live frogs and grasshoppers float in mid-air before, but such research with mice, being closer biologically to humans, could help in studies to counteract bone loss due to reduced gravity over long spans of time"
(tags:sci space )
- Teenager invents £23 solar panel that could be solution to developing world’s energy needs … made from human hair
"A new type of solar panel using human hair could provide the world with cheap, green electricity, believes its teenage inventor."
(tags:sci weird )
Links for 2009-09-10
Published in brainjuice