Rabbit Flu. Fucking RABBIT Flu Now

August 21st, 2006 | researchmaterial

The mother of a man believed to be Britain’s first victim of rabbit flu has issued a warning about the potentially fatal disease.

Farmer John Freeman, 29, of Aspall near Stowmarket in Suffolk, became infected with the bacteria pasteurella multocida after picking up a rabbit on his farm. His mother Joan said he fell ill and died four days later.

“People should just be aware that there is this dreadful thing around and potentially it’s lethal,” she said.

A post-mortem revealed that Mr Freeman had died from septicaemia after becoming infected with the bacteria that causes pasteurellosis, which is known as rabbit flu…

“Once it is in the bloodstream, that’s it,” she said. “If you get it unwittingly, not from an animal bite, the first thing you know about it is when you get a fever and by then you are the walking dead…”


Comments are closed.

  1. You can find Warren on Twitter: @warrenellis