April 26th, 2013 | brainjuice
- Quietweet – A Simpler Twitter Reader
"Quietweet is a read-only twitter client, which ignores all tweets containing @s, #s or links."
- The new DIY | Dazed Digital
"How Tumblr and Instagram are fuelling a new generation of online-only streetwear upstarts"
(tags:fashion brands marketing web net )
- Piezoelectric ‘taxel’ arrays convert motion to electronic signals for tactile imaging
"The arrays could help give robots a more adaptive sense of touch"
- Tracking gunfire with a smartphone
"You are walking down the street with a friend. A shot is fired. The two of you duck behind the nearest cover and you pull out your smartphone. A map of the neighborhood pops up on its screen with a large red arrow pointing in the direction the shot came from."
(tags:tech crime war phones )
- The problem with predictions: Speaker says peering into future remains an imperfect science
"New models are emerging from the life sciences that view the world as a living organism rather than a machine. "These models are coupled with a new aesthetic, which finds beauty in the complexity of life rather than the elegance of symmetry,""