- Humidity at one zillion percent. Need spacesuit, stat. Am about to brave oven-like outside world and dash to pub. Pray for me. #
- @sicksaddaria (salutes) (CGI’d flag flaps in slow motion in background) #
- My God, England smells like an open rubbish bag left out in the sun too long today. Which, in fact, it actually is. #
- @davidmead Canvey Island is ALWAYS the punchline. #
- Chilled German beer restores system. Restart with a shot of Tobermory. #
- Someone has stolen part of my brain. I blame you. #
- @cascio you stole the bit that ejects brain custard. Enjoy. #
- I said BRAIN CUSTARD! #
- One should be able to Frankmillerize films. By which one digitally removes all the dialogue and replaces it with the actors saying “WHORES” #
- Bruce Lee in Frankmillerized ENTER THE DRAGON: “Don’t think… WHOOOOOOORES.” #
- @wilw you are so going to Nerd Hell for that one. #
- @dirtysnowflake I posited earlier in the year that ENTER THE DRAGON is in fact the greatest movie ever made and should be remade constantly #
- This led inexorably to the concept of Daniel Day Lewis in MY LEFT FOOT OF FURY. #
- Children Of Dune, Steven Berkoff: “Well! Then! I say unto YOU! Send! Men! To summon… WHOOOOOOORRRESSSS” #
- Storm finally broke. The wind’s light, so I don’t know if it’ll reach London, but the lighting strikes look to be moving upriver. #
* Willow Bl00 is running a transhumanist discussion group in Seattle.
* Post-mortem dissection thread for the just-finished San Diego Comic-Con.
* Talking about the net-tv serial WORMTOOTH NATION, which seems to have caught the imagination of many.
* The Weekly Listening Thread is up.
* And some idiot in the Zoo has started a conversation about conspiracy theories.