March 20th, 2013 | brainjuice
- Open the Future: Futures of Human Cultures
"…by 2113 we'll have gone through a dozen or so technosocial-fashion generations. Smartphones give way to tablets to phablets to wearables to implantables to swallowables to replaceable eyeballs to neo-sinus body-nanofab systems (using mucous as a raw material) to brainwebs to body-rentals… and those are increasingly considered "so 2110." And with all of these (or whatever really emerges), there are shifting behavioral norms. Don't look at your phone at the dinner table. Don't replace your eyeball in public. Don't reboot your neo-sinus in church."
- Chirpify Adds Facebook To In-Stream Music Sales Platform – hypebot
"Frictionless Commerce Inside Social Media" is the subhead. Which is obviously the buzzphrase/sales-pitch, but it's interesting.
- Welcome to Spamradio – Spamradio
"Using a complex arrangement of pipes and funnels we turn the junk mail that we receive into a streaming audio broadcast that can be enjoyed from anywhere on the Internet."
- The gel that stops bleeding instantly
"Veti-Gel, the name chosen by NYU student Joe Landolina, uses plant polymers to rapidly solidify when applied to open wounds"
- tracklist: Autechre – Webcast #4 (2013) – http://mixlr.com/autechre/chat/ – Google Drive
also http://mixlr.com/autechre/showreel/autechre-radio-sat-02-mar-2013/ and http://www.autechre.ws/exai/
- BBC News – The beginnings of ‘financial repression’?
"Financial repression is not, however, a term you are going to hear politicians come out with. It sounds scary and it is, to some, justifiably scary. Yet we today, in the developed world, have a near 100% debt-to-GDP ratio, and that is without having fought a world war."
(tags:money pol )
- Things publishers can’t do (yet) – Charlie’s Diary
"What if ebooks weren't just a sales channel?"
(tags:books publishing )